Together was formed in 2008 at a service attended by senior representatives of the Church of Scotland and the Episcopal Church of Scotland and by City Councilors including the Provost.
12 Trustees (4 from each congregation) meet regularly throughout the year and are entrusted with fulfilling the following Mission Statement:
As Edinburgh City Centre Churches Together, our three congregations believe that God calls us to deepen our life together in Christ, and to offer to the world a visibly united witness. Therefore, as fellow pilgrims in faith, we wholeheartedly pledge ourselves to work together to:
- Proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God and nurture new believers through declaring the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in ways that are relevant to the people of our city;
- Work together in service with those who live or work in or visit our community and to present Christ to them;
- Clearly express Christian values to civic and other bodies;
- Listen to, learn from and respond to the needs of those oppressed in body, mind or spirit;
- Seek new friendships and common ground with those of all faiths and none;
- Grow towards the mutual recognition of ministry and sacramental unity we believe to be God’s will;
- Explore fresh expressions of worship and of faithful discipleship in response to our rapidly changing culture and society.